Why Birth Photography?
Birth Photography Has To Be One Of The Most Wonderful Moments To Happen In Life So Worth Capturing. The Moment When A New Life Is Born!
AMAZING! EXTRAORDINARY! BREATHTAKING! EMOTIONAL! INCREDIBLE! EXPERIENCE!
Birth photography is about creatively and skilfully capturing the intimate and emotional story of a child’s path into the world. As the acceptance and liberation of a women’s journey into motherhood continue to build momentum here in Australia, parents are finding new ways to revel in the beauty and passion of the birthing experience. The profound impact the arrival of a new baby has on the lives of its parents is both anticipated and embraced. The full strength and wisdom of the women’s body is realised and celebrated. The desire parents have to be able to document this journey without compromising their focus or energy in anything other than each other is part of why birth photography is so sort after. It’s considered a way of capturing moments that can never be replicated and ones that will never be more cherished – the first touch, the first breath, the first cry.
Why Choose Angie?
It’s a unique combination of important attributes, knowledge and a high level of professional experience that sets me apart from all other birth photographers in Brisbane. I have been photographing births since the beginning of 2013 and they are my priority over all other work. My recent success with being awarded with a Silver Distinction Award at the Australian Professional Photography Awards 2013 for my portfolio of Birth Photography demonstrates my commitment and passion for the genre. I have won the People’s Choice Award for Logan in 2013 due to my high customer service values I have for my business.
I’m an accredited member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography and active member of Birth Photographers Australia. I have Professional Insurance covering maternity, birth and newborn photography. I invest in continual training and mentoring for photography and business. I have family support to enable me to be on call 24/7 for my birth clients and Heartfelt families in need. I have strong networks through Birth Photography groups and other photography industry connections. I have a professional repore with many of midwives and birth workers in Brisbane, Ipswich and Gold Coast Hospitals. I have a caring, gentle, empathetic and supportive nature and have experienced birth first hand twice.
Whats important when choosing a Birth Photographer?
There is several things that should be the most important things to consider when booking a Birth Photographer. I will list them for you below.
- A professional that knows how to work with medical staff professionally without intruding on their grounds
- A professional that has the equipment capable of working in low light situations without using a flash. This equipment is high value equipment with low light capable lenses also. Only very fews cameras will cope with working in low light situations that arise in birth suites.
- A photographer that has all the right contracts in place for birth photography
- An AIPP Accredited Professional Photographer that works with a code on conduct at all times.
- Knows what to expect in an event of an emergency situation during the birth
- Has credibility from previous birth clients that you are able to contact about their service.
- Are they fully insured to be doing Birth Photography?
- You are able to meet them in person to discuss all necessary details about the birth process
- Are they on call 24/7 leading up to the birth?
- Do they have a backup photographer in case of anything going wrong preventing them to not make it to your birth?
- Has done several births and knows what to expect, knows what the lighting conditions are like and has confidence in working in those conditions for a long period of time depending on the length of the labour and delivery.
I can assure you that I have all of the above to produce the best service I possibly can in capturing your memorable milestone of bringing your new bundle into this world. 🙂
Whats next you ask?
If all of this sounds good to you and you are interested in finding out more or booking in your free no obligation consultation so you can meet me in person. At this Consultation we will discuss the necessary details required to give you the best experience possible. This will also give you the chance to make sure that I am the right person for this special intimate time in your life. To have someone in the birth suite with you it is best to make sure your personalities are a good match to ensure you a comfortable and relaxing birth photography experience. If that sounds good to you please fill in the contact form below and I’ll be in contact with you in the next day with more details. This is a FREE no obligation consultation.