What Qualifications do you have?
I have self taught myself for many years before I decided to start my own photography business. I have also completed many workshops and course with the Brisbane School of Photography & Art along with completing my Diploma in Photography with The Photography Institute. I am qualified and an Accredited Professional Photographer through the AIPP. I was also part of the HEARTFELT team as a volunteer photographer. I represent as part of the South QLD Birth Photographers on www.directory.birthphotographer.com.au also.
When is the best time to book my Newborn Session?
As soon as you can book! Even while your pregnant contact me asap to get your session penciled into my diary one week after your due date. Once your bub is born please include me in the group text you send to your friends so I can amend the booking to around the 6day old mark. I have found newborns are the sleepiest under 10days of age. I can only take a limited number of sessions a week so that I can be flexible enough if the babies arrive later/earlier than you expected.
What is the best time of day for all other sessions?
If you choose to have photos in the studio I don’t mind anytime, if you choose to have your session on location then I will only shoot early morning around sunrise or at least 2 hours before sunset. This way we don’t have the full sun during the day to contend with that will cause squinting eyes or harsh shadows or highlights on faces which won’t look very nice in the end result.
How long does it take to get my photos?
I will always post a sneak peak image on my Facebook page or blog within 48hrs for you to see. The turnaround time usually will take 4-6weeks for the rest of the images, which we will book an appointment for your viewing session in our studio. If prints and Canvases or other products are ordered these will take additional time for the lab to process your order.
Do I have a say if our images are advertised on Facebook or Websites?
The photos are and will remain property of Desire to Inspire Photography, as by copyright laws, unless the copyright for those pictures are bought from me. Without the copyright being brought from me I do have final say if I choose to use them on my websites, social media or any marketing purposes I choose to. However, if you specifically ask me not to share these images I will respect your privacy & refrain from using them online or in displays.
Do you sell the USB form our session?
I don’t sell the disk of the images by itself I do however provide high res digital files of the images purchased as part of your purchase price. Otherwise there is a minimum order required before the USB can be purchased by itself. I also include a disk of websharpened & watermarked images for social media purposes & emailing friends and family.
How do I pay?
I accept cash, bank deposit, bank transfer, Credit card, EFTPOS, and PAYRIGHT payment plans. The booking retainer (session fee) needs to be paid at the time of booking to secure your spot and is non refundable. The payment for your order is due at the ordering session unless prior arrangement for a payment plan has been made.
Where can I find out more information about the newborn session, family session etc?
Once you have made your booking you will receive a welcome pack via email or post with all the information you will need for your session.
What is your website address?
I have another child, would you take some photos with him/her at the newborn session?
I certainly can, if the sibling will co-operate I will be happy to include them, but ultimately the main focus of the newborn session will be on the newborn bub. Please let me know if there is any sibling you are wanting photographed on the day onto the booking form on my website. I always like to encourage both parents to be involved aswell to capture these one time only memories the will last a lifetime.
Can I have the rest of the images that haven’t been edited?
No. raw/unedited/unaltered files are not for sale. Your best images will be presented to you professionally edited and enhanced, and those in the gallery will be available for your order consideration.
Do the high-resolution images contain your watermark?
What equipment do you use?
My main camera is a Canon 5D Mk IV & a Canon 5D MK III as my backup body along with several great lenses that I have available for all my sessions.
How long does it take to set up?
For Newborn sessions I do in the studio only as I have so much stuff to try and bring to your place so it makes life a lot easier having everything at reach in the studio when needed. For all other sessions I do in studio or on location whichever is your choice. I prefer newborn session clients to arrive 20mins early to feed bub so he/she is settled ready to fall asleep when session time is ready to commence.
How long does the session go for?
Newborn sessions you can expect it to go for at least 3-4hrs depending on how settled bub is. All other sessions go for around 1-2hrs depending on what look we want to achieve and how many people are involved in the session.
Cameras and recording devices
I ask the parents not to bring their camera or recording device to the session. This includes taking photos on your mobile phone. I know that the setups look very cute and its natural to want to run and grab your phone or camera, but this is what you have hired me for. This is my full time job (not a hobby on the side) so I really appreciate this request be respected. Please ask to use my backup camera if you’d like to take a behind the scenes shot.
What if I need to reschedule?
I require 24hours notice to reschedule. After that you will loose your booking/session fee.
If I refer people to you for photos and they book in do you have a referral system?
Yes I certainly do. If you refer 4 people to me and they book in you will receive a print voucher for $200 to spend at your next session. If you refer 10 people to me you will receive a free package at your next session.
Digital images that may be purchased are edited on a screen calibrated to the professional print lab I work with. To ensure the best quality product, it is recommended that any print orders be placed through me. I cannot be held responsible for the quality of any prints produced by an inferior lab.
Terms & Conditions
All of our gift vouchers include your photography session between 1-4hrs depending on which session type and 1.5-2hr design appointment. When it comes to finished products all gift vouchers will come with a complimentary 8×12 print matted to 11×14 art mount.
Desire to Inspire Photography prides ourself on being a family friendly studio. Both parents (if applicable) must attend the design appointment for any offer’s or gift vouchers to be valid.
1. Any offers or specials are for a FULL priced session. Please note: All images and products included in the offer / special must also be a full family portrait and all of the same portrait.
2. All adults must attend both the photography session and purchasing appointment to claim full value of voucher.
3. A $150 deposit is required to secure your booking into our diary for weekday appointments. Weekend appointments are very limited and only per case scenario along with a $100 surcharge. This deposit will be credited toward your order on the day of your design appointment. The deposit is not credited if you give us less than 3 days notice for your appointment. This covers the loss of the appointment session and/or design appointment and your photographer’s time. Booking deposits are non-transferable.
4. Session must be booked prior to expiry date.
5. All ordered images are permanently backed up and stored. Other images will be removed 3 months after the collection of your artwork.
6. Design appointment is to be completed within 6 weeks from your photography session to redeem your gift voucher.
7. Only one Desire To Inspire Photography gift voucher per family, per year may be used.
8. Any offers may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or voucher and is not redeemable for cash or any other goods and may only be used as described. Offer not transferable.
9. Special offers cannot be used to purchase portraits from a previous portrait session.
10. Digital files included in DTIP packages, will contain all purchased images at high resolution, fully retouched and cropped as per your order. Any other requirements will be charged at $50 per image.
11. All promotions are not for commercial use.
12. Management reserves the right to refuse service at anytime.
13. You must go through your designer session planner with your photographer 1-3 days prior to your photography session or your session will be cancelled. Please let the team know when the best time of day suits you to do this.
14. All images and products included in a single offer or special, must be a full family portrait/or subject of the session and all of the same portrait.
15. Desire To Inspire Photography respects your privacy and personal information is not shared with any third party or other organisations
16. All packages are for each session. Packages are not to be split over multiple sessions.
17. Minimum purchase is $699 per session.